Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little Traveler part 2




Machias had the Most Wonderful Views.




After meeting the wonderful city of New York, I followed my trip with the state of Maine.

I went to the littlest town I've ever been in my whole life;it is called Machias. It was hard for me to believe that there was NO MALL! and no movie theatre either. If people who live there ever feel the need to go to the mall or to watch a movie, they have to drive a couple of hours away. In Machias there was only ONE MARKET, ONE McDONALD'S, TWO RESTAURANTS, and TWO HOTELS. That was it!! It was strange to go from overpopulated,big,fun New York to small,simple Machias. When I arrived, the first thing that came out of my mouth was,"Mom, tomorrow we're leaving back to New York", because I thought I wasn't going to be able to survive there for 3 days! I mean, how slow can time go? But as I experienced Machias a little more,I noticed how BEAUTIFUL it was. Its nature it's nothing I've ever seen before. The trees,the lakes,the rapids, it all had such vivid colors. Also, another beautiful thing about Machias is its people. I met the nicest people there. One thing is for sure, it was an experience I'll never forget.